Top Five Picks from Google Cloud Next ’22
Codento’s top 5 Google Cloud Next ’22 announcement favorites. Many interesting news were announced at this week’s event! We at Codento were especially excited by the following news:
- Sweden and Norway regions. Google sees the Nordic countries as an even more important market area. In addition to the previous Finnish Hamina data center, the cloud regions of Sweden and Norway were announced.
- Cloud Workstations. A secure development environment in the cloud, i.e. access to the source code in the cloud, for example via a browser. This enhances the productivity of software development teams and speeds up the entry of new team members into the development process, as well as facilitates environment management.
- Assured Open Source Software. The first curated open source service, through which freely distributed open source code (e.g. Java, Python) is managed and verified especially in terms of data security by Google.
- BigQuery Unstructured data. In the future, data teams will be able to utilize both structured and unstructured data through the familiar SQL interface, and directly utilize Google Cloud’s continuously developing artificial intelligence capabilities.
- 5G edge for telecommunications. Continuously developing cloud-native support for telecom operators for 5G network edge applications enables new use cases and flexibility for end customers and new business opportunities for service providers.
Please get in touch with us, and we can discuss how these can be utilized in your own organization.