Models and systems for continuous development and application reliability
Market trends in continuous development
Our customer organizations are developing business agility as a response to dynamic changes in their operating environment. This is reflected in the need to create new digital services and distinctive customer experiences, streamline and accelerate operations, and engage their own staff with shared communal and agile practices. At the same time, software and its dependencies are becoming more complex as the number of vendors involved in processes grows.
More efficient use of public cloud features, building platform capabilities, an increasing amount of online services and cloud-native software and the development and implementation of DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) operating models provide a faster and more proactive way to deliver business value to both external customers and partners.
According to international research, organizations that have progressed more in terms of continuous improvement practices are significantly faster, more productive, and achieve better customer satisfaction than those at the beginning of the journey.
The most common needs and questions of continuous development
Rapid corrective action is needed when service availability suddenly is to be guaranteed 24/7; sudden, uncontrollable and recurring quality problems arise; application expertise begins to be person-dependent and risky to manage; customers demand rapid and continuous changes to services, or available technology changes rapidly.
Issues related to starting the Continuous Development (DevOps / SRE) journey include:
- What is the right target level for accessibility and the expected benefits and costs?
- What kind of expertise is needed for change?
- What are the right roles and division of labor in the future?
- What tools to choose and how to implement them?
- Which areas are in the organization’s own hands and which are outsourced?
- How are change and development projects managed?
More advanced organizations often consider the following areas:
- How to continuously measure success?
- How to balance controlled development with quality assurance?
- How are multiple cloud platforms used sensibly together, and in what roles in development and publishing?
- How are tools and operating models standardized in multi-vendor environments while respecting team freedom?
- How to ensure continuous development of competence?
- How is SRE thinking incorporated into the service design process?
Objectives and the ideal situation
We firmly believe that the business model to support continuous development (DevOps / SRE) of the future is:
- Integrated into the business
- Exceeding the expected level of end-customer experience
- Fast and cost-effective
- Balanced between development and quality
- Continuously supported, managed and transparent
Where could Codento’s continuous development services be helpful?
Codento’s services in the areas of development and implementation of DevOps / SRE policies and tools:
- Fast start in 6 days: quick training, selecting area to pilot, pilot and learn: Codento’s 1+5 solution
- A better understanding of the current situation and developing one’s own activities: Codento’s situation survey and development project
- Rapid validation of a new idea or approach: Codento’s Proof of Concept
- A clear picture of the way forward: Codento’s solution mapping and delivery
- Complementing existing expertise: Codento’s consulting
Book an appointment to discuss more
We will be happy to discuss more with you. Book a meeting with an available business manager and expert directly from the link:
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more about our perspectives.